Telephone: (310) 556-7900
Email: Moses Lebovits
Born: Munich, Germany, March 30, 1951
Product Liability; Professional Negligence; Aviation Litigation; Insurance; Catastrophic Injury and Death Cases
- Admitted to California State Bar in 1975
- University of California at Los Angeles, J.D., 1975
- University of California at Los Angeles, B.A., cum laude, 1972
- Martindale Hubbell - AV Rated for the last 30 years
- Law Dragon - Leading Plaintiff's Lawyer in America
Mr. Lebovits has lectured and written to groups in California and nationally, including the Utah Trial Lawyers and American Board of Trial Advocates. He has taught Aviation Law as an Adjunct Professor at Southwestern Universtity, 1981-1983, and is a licensed pilot. He has written and had reported numerous decisions before the Court of Appeals. A representative sampling includes Flood v. Wyeth Labs, (1986) 183 Cal.App. 3d 1272; 228 Cal.Rptr. 700; Crookall v. Davis (1998) 65 Cal.App. 4th 1048; 77 Cal. Rptr 2d 250; Webb v. Unites States (1994) 840 F. Supp 1484.
Mr. Lebovits tried the first major unintended acceleration case in the United States; Rose v. Volkswagen of America (Audi) resulting in verdict in excess of $3.5 million, 1988-89.
Since admission to the practice of law in 1975, Mr. Lebovits has settled or tried a substantial number of cases well in excess of $5 million. He has been involved in multiple Mass Tort cases involving catastrophic injuries and/or wrongful death, including the DC 10 air crash in Paris in 1974, the Pan Am Samoa air crash, the Korean Air Lines crash in Guam in 1997, and Egypt Air Lines crash in 1999.
Mr. Lebovits is currently on the Steering Committees of The Toyota Unintended Acceleration Cases before Hon. Anthony Mohr as well as The General Electric/Cedars-Sinai over-radiation litigation pending before Hon. Judge Jones.
- Member of the National Board of ABOTA 2010-.
- Member of the National Board of ABOTA 2008-2009.
- President, American Board of Trial Advocates, Los Angeles Chapter, 2009.
- Vice-President, American Board of Trial Advocates, Los Angeles Chapter, 2008.
- American Board of Trial Advocates (Member: Executive Board, L.A. Chapter, 2003-2010; National Board of Directors, 2005-2010).
- Los Angeles County (Member, Federal Courts and Practices Committee, 1982-1984; Delegate, 1982).
- American Bar Associations; State Bar of California (Member, Conference of Delegates, 1982).
- Consumer Attorneys of Los Angeles (Member, Board of Governors, 1982-1985).
- Consumer Attorneys of California (Member Board of Governors, 1995-1997).
- Arbitrator, Superior Court, County of Los Angeles, 1979-1985.
- Member, Special Panel for Referrals for Special Litigation Needs of Dependent Children of the Superior Court, Los Angeles County, Juvenile Department, 1980-1987.
- Member, Arbitration Panel, Reynolds Aluminum Torrance Can Plant (Labor Disputes), 1981-1990.
- American Board of Trial Advocates - Rank Advocate.