|Mark R. Israel
Telephone: (310) 556-7900
Email: Mark Israel
Born: Altoona, Pennsylvania, January 6, 1962
Insurance Coverage and Bad Faith Litigation
J.D., University of California at Los Angeles, 1986
B.A., Pennsylvania State University, 1983 (high honors and distinction)
Los Angeles County Bar Association
American Bar Association
State Bar of California
Association of Southern California Defense Counsel
Mark's practice focuses on providing insurance coverage advice and opinions and litigating insurance coverage issues. Mark also specializes in appellate practice, having briefed and argued more than 35 appeals, including:
- Butki v. United States Services Automobile Association (1990) 225 Cal.App.3d 464;
- Engle v. Endlich (1992) 9 Cal.App.4th 1152;
- Chemstar, Inc. v. Liberty Mutual Ins. Co. (9th Cir. 1994) 41 F.3d 429;
- 3250 Wilshire Blvd. Bldg. v. Employer's Insurance of Wausau (1995) 39 Cal.App.4th 709; and
- National Union Fire Ins. Co. v. Nationwide Insurance Co. (1999) 69 Cal.App.4th 709.
Mark's practice includes giving seminars on insurance coverage and related issues and he was a speaker on coverage issues encountered in mold claims at the 42nd Annual Southern California Defense Counsel Seminar.
Mark has also served as an expert witness on insurance related issues in the state and federal courts.
Travel, history, sports (especially Penn State and Steeler football) and food and wine.