|Scott A. Brooks
Telephone: (310) 556-7900
Email: Scott Brooks
Born: Los Angeles, California, February 4, 1964
Complex and Mass Tort Litigation, Class Action, Appellate Law
J.D., Loyola Law School, 1992
B.A., University of California at Berkeley, 1987
State Bar of California
Association of Southern California Defense Counsel
Scott joined Daniels, Fine, Israel, Schonbuch & Lebovits, LLP in 1993 and became a partner on January 1, 2001. Scott's practice is concentrated in complex and mass tort litigation, including class actions, both for the defense and plaintiffs. Scott has also handled asbestos property and personal injury matters, and suits involving Proposition 65, Unfair Competition Law, fraud, breach of contract, False Claims Act, sexual harassment, trademark infringement, premises liability, medical malpractice, insurance bad faith, and insurance coverage. Scott has a substantial appellate practice and has handled over 50 appeals and original proceedings.
At Loyola, Scott was a member of the Scott Moot Court Honors Board, the Jessup Moot Court Competition team and Phi Delta Phi. Scott also clerked at the United States Department of Justice's Organized Crime & Racketeering Strike Force, the United States Attorney's Office in the Central District of California, and the Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office.
Scott's Published Opinions include:
- Heyen v. Safeway, Inc. (2013) 216 Cal.App.4th 795;
- Harper v. 24 Hour Fitness, Inc. (2009) 167 Cal. App. 4th 966;
- Puerto v. Superior Court (2008) 158 Cal. App. 4th 1242;
- Prachasaisoradej v. Ralphs Grocery Co., Inc. (2007) 42 Cal. 4th 217;
- Sav-On Drug Stores, Inc. v. Superior Court (2004) 34 Cal.4th 319;
- Ralphs Grocery Co. v. Superior Court (2004) 112 Cal.App.4th 1090;
- Lopez v. Baca (2002) 98 Cal.App.4th 1008;
- Simon v. Value Behavioral Health, Inc., 208 F.3d 1073 (9th Cir. 2000).
Scott is an indefatigable reader and a member of the Sigma Phi Society, The Wodehouse Society, and the GR Surf Team.